If you’ve been curious about trying Beyond Sausage as a delicious meat substitute, this recipe from Beyond Meat is super easy and comes together quickly as a healthy weeknight dinner. Plus, if you purchase Beyond Sausage and upload your receipt you’ll earn 25 SB!
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 Beyond Meat Hot Italian Sausages
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1.5 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp salt plus more to taste
- 5 cups chopped kale
- 1 Lemon
- 2-4 tbsp fresh parsley
- Start by prepping your vegetables. Dice onions, carrots, and celery into 1/4 inch pieces. Mince the garlic, and de-stem and chop the kale into 1 inch pieces.
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the Beyond Meat Hot Italian Sausage and break into bite-size pieces using a wooden spoon. Let cook for 4-5 minutes stirring once halfway through. Remove the Beyond Meat Hot Italian Sausages from the pot.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the olive oil and onions to the pot and use the wooden spoon to scrape up any remaining bits of the Beyond Meat Hot Italian Sausage.
- Let the onions cook for 3 minutes then add the carrots, celery and 1/2 tsp of salt. Let cook for 5-6 more minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the Italian seasoning and minced garlic to the pot and let cook an additional 1-2 min.
- Add the Beyond Meat Hot Italian Sausages back to the pot along with the cannellini beans and vegetable broth. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling reduce to simmer and let cook for 20-30 minutes. Add the kale to the pot, let simmer for 5 more minutes or until the kale has wilted.
- Ladle into serving bowls and squeeze fresh lemon juice over top. Garnish with parsley to serve.