Have you heard of Cinnadust? If you’re a fan of Cinnamon Toast Crunch, you’ll love the cinnamon sugar dust you can add to your favorite desserts and drinks. This recipe for Snickerdoodle Cookies uses Cinnadust as an ingredient, with an added bonus that you can earn up to 600 SB when you buy it at a participating store and upload your receipt.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Cinnadust, divided
- 1 large eggs + 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In bowl of a stand mixer, combine butter, sugars and 1/4 cup of Cinnadust. Beat at medium-high speed, about 4 minutes. Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and cinnamon. With mixer running at low speed, add flour mixture to butter mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Measure dough into 2 tablespoon-sized pieces. Roll into balls, then roll balls in remaining 1/4 cup Cinnadust to coat. Place 3in apart on two parchment-lined sheet trays. Flatten each ball until 3/4in thick.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes. Let cool on tray for 5 minutes, then cool completely on rack.